Getting Even!

Shortly before Halloween, we found an old straggly cat outside our back door. She was a sorry sight. Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her, put her in a carrier, and took her to our Veterinarian.

We didn't know what to call her, so we named her "Pussycat." The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He said he would let us know when we could come and get her. My husband (the complainer!) said, "Okay, but don't forget to wash her. She stinks." Plus, he also reminded our Vet that it was his wife (me!), not him, that wanted the dirty cat.

As you've probably figured out by now, these two don't get along and rarely see eye to eye. Our Vet calls my husband "El-Cheap-O" and my husband calls our Vet "El-Charge-O." They love to hate each other and constantly snipe at one another. This time, my husband managed to get in the last word and he crowed about it all the way home.

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who happened to be located in the same building as our Vet. Through a window, the Vet happened to see my husband pull into the parking lot and park. After a while he watched him walk into his doctor's office. Knowing the waiting room was full of waiting people, our Vet quietly opened a side door and leaned in. After spotting my husband and getting his attention, he said in a loud voice said, "Your wife's pussy doesn't stink anymore. It's finally clean and I took the liberty of shaving it, so now she smells like a rose. Oh, by the way, I think she's pregnant. God only knows who the father is!" Then he closed the door.

Now that, my friend, is getting even!!!