Reply to this topicStart new topic
> January 1, 2007, Dear Abby's New Year's Resolution
sin
post Jan 1 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #1

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

Courtesy of the January 1, 2007 "Dear Abby" article in the Roswell Daily Record:

Rise and shine, my friends, and welcome a brand-new year! This is our chance for a new beginning. I am printing Dear Abby's often-requested list of New Year's Resolutions -- adapted by my mother from the original credo of Al-Anon.

Just for today:
I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all my problems at once.

I know that I can do something for 24 hours and that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today:
I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.

Just for today:
I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct, and accept those I cannot.

Just for today:
I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.

Just for today:
I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking.

Just for today, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:49 AM
Skin developed by ipbshock