Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ramblings Of A Retarded Monkeybrain
dilandou
post May 6 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 12

the new full time fellow that work on my route (previously refered to as Mr. RetardedMonkeybrains) has a unique way of talking... just like anyone else from the south end. it takes getting used to. i thought i'd share a little story he shared with us a few days ago. i'll try to keep his dialect as accurate as possible. a translation shall follow.

The incident with the bin and the fair

i dunno if i yeah like told you or nuffin or anything i can't remember like and forgot and shit like yeah. but like my grandad like yeah like yanno when he was younger like and yeah not as old and stuff and shit yeah well he was like a binman and stuff when he was younger and junk. yeah and he was fuckin like fuckin fuckin like yeah and he did this one place like had and these big huge like fuckin bins that were fuckin round and shit and junk like big pincer like fuckin things on the back of the van err thing err tru... fuckin like yeah and erm... truck! yeah! anyway, like yeah and this fuckin fair and stuff, yanno travellers and all that like stuff, they came to this town and stuff like they and kinda like used these bins to dump their fuckin shit and junk. anyway he was like emptyin.. they spent fuckin ages like tryin to get this fuckin round like shit bin to the back of the fuckin truck, like real fuckin strugglin and shit just to get it to the truck like yeah and yanno? but anyway they wondered what was makin it so heavy like so they looked inside the fuckin thing like and yanno? they fuckin found a fuckin bear! a dead fuckin bear!

The translation

My grandfather, in his youth, was a refuse collector ,much like myself, although he collected large round bins using a different style of lifting arm. One time, on his round, he was required to empty a recepticle that a traveling fair had used to dispose of their refuse. He and his fellow workers discovered that it was, in fact, extremely heavy. Curious as to the reasons why they decided to take a look at the contents. After a brief moment of surprise they discovered, by jove, that there was a dead bear within the container! Golly gosh!

On a sidenote:
As previously mentioned, Mr RetardedMonkeybrains is the nickname i had previously given this fellow (his real name is craig). I've since decided that the title Mr is a little too honourific. He shall henceforth be known as RMb-kun.

End.

--------------------
i r teh f.cknut! ph34r, and b0w b3f0arh m3h!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
robroy
post May 7 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 9

sounds about right, don't need the Mr

--------------------

S rhioghal Mo Dhream

B' fheàrr Gàidhlig briste na Beurla cliste.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:02 PM
Skin developed by ipbshock