Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why You -shouldnt- Vote For Bill Richardson For President
sin
post Aug 18 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #1

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

On August 5, in the state of New Mexico, there was a tragic plane crash that killed the five people on board. One was the pilot, the other a flight nurse, and a flight paramedic. There was a 15 month old baby suffering from unexplained seizures, and her mother who was along to comfort her for the ride.

The plane took off from the airport in Ruidoso, headed toward Albuquerque. It didn't make it. Nobody survived.

Bill Richardson is the current governor of New Mexico. Not only did he not have the flags lowered, he didn't even acknowledge the incident - A tragedy that killed four heroes and an angel. You would think with him running for President and all, he would at least have pretended to care. President Bush probably doesn't care either. I know New Mexico is small, but that doesn't mean the people who live and work here, people who put their lives at risk every day for the greater good of society, it doesn't mean we don't count.

In striking contrast to the accident in New Mexico, just hours later, on August 6, there was another tragedy in Utah. A mine collapsed, trapping six men. They have yet to be found. Rescue efforts have continued for more than a week and a half, but had to be suspended because of yet another collapse in the mine. Three people were killed and six were injured in their efforts to rescue those who are still trapped.

And here, I commend Jon Huntsman, the governor of Utah. According to a story on Yahoo! News,
Gov. Jon Huntsman, who ordered flags lowered to half staff, continued to call the effort a "rescue operation," but said the digging would not resume until workers' safety could be guaranteed. "Let us ensure that we have no more injuries. We have suffered enough as a state," he said.

Even the President had something to say.
President Bush called Huntsman on Friday to express his condolences for those who died or were injured in the mine rescue. "He wanted the governor and the people of Utah to know that they are in his thoughts and prayers," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said.

I hope that people see Bill Richardson for the person he is, or more importantly - the person he isn't. If he doesn't care about the people in his state, what kind of president would that make him?

Here's to you, the victims of 8-5-07, the crew and victims of N369CD: Pilot Ricky Byers, Flight Nurse Brian Miller, Flight Paramedic Deanna Palmer, Mother Tracy Smith, Baby Lilly Smith.

And here's to you, the miners and rescuers of the collapse in Utah. May you succeed in your heroic efforts.

Yahoo! News source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_...UOHyqcoO7us0NUE

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:16 PM
Skin developed by ipbshock