Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying To Reason With An Illegal Mexican
sin
post May 29 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #1

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

I received this email from my aunt (the bat's sister) who happens to live in this area and saw the program, then got a copy of the transcript from the interview. granted, its 13 months old, but it still makes a whole lot of sense even now. Below is a good example of a discussion with a master of circular logic. Don't be logical, don't respect the truth or your adversary, just say what you think makes a new case when the previous case gets too difficult to defend.

On the streets of downtown Houston, May 1, 2006, Jim Moore reporting for a Houston TV station:

Jim: Juan, I see that you and thousands of other protesters are marching in the streets to demonstrate for your cause. Exactly what is your cause and what do you expect to accomplish by this protest?

Juan: We want our rights. We will show you how powerful we are We will bring Houston to its knees!

Jim: What rights?

Juan: Our right to live here...legally. Our right to get all the benefits you get.

Jim: When did you come to the United States?

Juan: Six years ago. I crossed over the border at night with seven other friends.

Jim: Why did you come?

Juan: For work. I can earn as much in a month as I could in a year in Mexico. Besides, I get free health care, our Mexican children can go to school free, if I lose my job I will get Welfare, and someday I will have the Social Security. Nothing like that in Mexico!

Jim: Did you feel badly about breaking our immigration laws when you came?

Juan: No! Why should I feel bad? I have a right to be here. I have a right to amnesty. I paid lots of money for my Social Security and Green Cards.

Jim: How did you acquire those documents?

Juan: From a guy in Dallas. He charged me a lot of money too.

Jim: Did you know that those documents were forged?

Juan: It is of no matter. I have a right to be here and work.

Jim: What is the "right" you speak of?

Juan: The right of all Aliens. It is found in your Constitution. Read it!

Jim: I have read it, but I do not remember it saying anything about rights for Aliens.

Juan: It is in that part where it says that all men have Alien rights, like the right to pursue happiness. I wasn't happy in Mexico, so I came here

Jim: I think you are referring to the declaration of Independence and that document speaks to unalienable rights ... Not Alien rights.

Juan: Whatever.

Jim: Since you are demanding to become an American citizen, why then are you carrying a Mexican Flag?

Juan: Because I am Mexican.

Jim: But you said you want to be given amnesty .. To become a US citizen.

Juan: No. This is not what we want. This is our country, a part of Mexico that you Gringos stole from us. We want it returned to its rightful owner.

Jim: Juan, you are standing in Texas. After wining the war with Mexico, Texas became a Republic, and later Texans voted to join the USA. It was not stolen from Mexico.

Juan: That is a Gringo lie. Texas was stolen. So was California, New Mexico and Arizona. It is just like all the other stuff you Gringos steal, like oil and babies. You are a country of thieves.

Jim: Babies? You think we steal babies?

Juan: Sure. Like from Korea and Vietnam and China. I see them all over the place. You let all these foreigners in, but try to keep us Mexicans out. How is this fair?

Jim: So, you really don't want to become an American citizen then.

Juan: I just want my rights! Everyone has to right to live, work, and speak their native language wherever and whenever they please. That's another thing we demand. All signs and official documents should be in Spanish. Teachers must teach in Spanish. Soon, more people here in Houston will speak Spanish than English. It is our right!

Jim: If I were to cross over the border into Mexico without proper documentation, what rights would I have there?

Juan: None. You would probably go to jail, but that's different.

Jim: How is it different? You said everyone has the right to live wherever they please.

Juan: You Gringos are a bunch of land grabbing thieves. Now you want Mexico too? Mexico has its rights. You Gringos have no rights in Mexico. Why would you want to go there anyway? There is no free medical service, schools, or welfare there for foreigners such as you. You cannot even own land in my country. Stay in the country of your birth.

Jim: I can see that there is no way that we can agree on this issue. Thank you for your comments.

Juan: Viva Mexico!

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sin
post May 29 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #2

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

I also received this "related" email topic today from my friend Kelly. I've seen this one before but it still creates the same feelings it did the first time I saw it. It makes me mad. No, not really mad, ANGRY. It makes me LIVID. How could someone do this to us? Do United States citizens go overseas and burn the flags of other countries? No instances I know of or can remember. Why do we continue to let people fly some other countries' flag on OUR soil? We sure as hell couldn't do it on theirs and get away with it. Not unless it was at the US Embassy or something. Yet every day I see "¡Viva Mexico!" and the Mexican flag flying all over where I live and work. And they spit on ours. I've seen them do it. What id like to know is that it seems only the Mexicans fly their flag out in public, while other immigrants, like the Japanese, Canadians, Chinese, and the British don't seem to feel the need to blatantly disrespect the country they currently reside in by putting the flag of their native birth or their ancestors above it. I don't see any of THEM spitting on our flag, or burning it, or desecrating it in any other way shape or form. Why is it only the Mexicans?

Anyway, on with the email, this incident happened right about the same time the story in the above post was occurring.

Text of the email, with pics:
You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington .. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.

Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray". Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values.

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:57 AM
Skin developed by ipbshock