Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mom Freezes Eggs
sin
post Apr 19 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #1

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

so in Yahoo! News today, i happened across a story in their "Odd News" section entitled "Canada mum freezes eggs so daughter can have child". Needless to say that it kind of freaked me out. i mean, i know how weird it would seem for a mother to carry her daughter's child, but it seems a little more.... disgusting for the daughter to carry her own half-sister/brother. dont get me wrong, i think its a really commendable action on the mother's part - to be thoughtful of her daughter's situation so many years before the issue of sexuality/pregnancy should even be broached, but honestly... if the kid wants to have babies that bad, there are so many other options that are open for women. and there will be more in the future. there's surrogacy, adoption, cryogenics, etc and so many others... think of what the scientific possibilities that are in store the next 15-20 years! im sure the mother is desperate to have grandchildren later in life, but i think its a bit self-centered to want your child to carry your eggs and try to pass them off as her own offspring. i dont think i could be a mother/sister at the same time. thats just... weird. especially from my point of view, since i cant have children on my own. my mother and sister and i have discussed this at length already. i would never ask my mom to surrogate - she's in her 40's. but my sister, however, told me 6 years ago that she would be willing to carry a child for me. so have several of my friends.

bottom line: i think its both interesting and disgusting at the same time.

story can be found here: Canada mum freezes eggs so daughter can have child

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maxnmike
post Apr 19 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #2

the closet father

Group: ClosetAdmin
Member No.: 8

That's very... odd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:00 PM
Skin developed by ipbshock