Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Interviews, they suck ass
sin
post Aug 3 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #1

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

Right now, I’m sitting here and the tears are running down my face. I won’t be getting this job. I dressed up and looked rather nice (in my opinion). I wore a skirt, pantyhose, and heels with a nice mint green button down dress shirt and matching jewelry and coordinated makeup. I stood tall and summoned up all the bravery I had in me, but that wasn’t enough. I even showed up to the interview fifteen minutes early. The first thing, when I walked through the door, was I looked down at the sign in sheet and saw one of my old supervisor’s names listed with “interview” written right next to it. That dashed all hope I had of getting this job, and all of my confidence as well. Her name was the last name I expected to see written on that paper. I feel horrible.

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bozodog
post Aug 5 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 19

nic: because i was upset! i was thinking, "pat has a shitload of education and experience on me. all ive got against her is personality." and thought also that if pat applied for the job, there were other people i know that are more qualified for it than i am. i was really discouraged. thats just my thinking, you know me. the everlasting pessimist.

Nic, remember when you were passed over because you were "overqualified"? Much of the hiring practices now want young blood, fresh out of school, and usually willing to work a bit cheaper than old experienced folks.
So keep your chin up and remember we're all pulling for you.

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:13 PM
Skin developed by ipbshock