Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey Gang!, Just a little bit about me
Aaron_B
post Jul 29 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #1

King slacker and lurker

Group: Member
Member No.: 37

Well, I'm a 23 year old nerd who likes to write stories (mainly fanfiction) and chat in the SpyWareInfo chatroom. I live in St. Cloud, Minnesotah (ya shure, ya betcha) where I've lived all my life. I'm kinda boring sometimes, but other times funny and fun to be around.
I maintain two websites on our IBM:
My personal site
SCSU Pagan Alliance
Both sites get updated now and then when I think of something to post on them or thing of something to add to them.

I've been using computers since like first or second grade (the good ol' Apple IIGs... 5.25" floppy drives and the classic 640k RAM... nothing like swapping disks in the middle of a game) and the very early days of Windoze. I once repaired one of the early CD-ROMs (the ones where the CD was contained in a little plastic case and the drive swallowed the cartridge and played whatever was on the disc at a mere 1x) when my old elementary school got it's first CD-ROM drive and some dust got on the laser's lens and I happened to gently wipe the lens off with my t-shirt and it worked fine afterwards (dumb luck).

I'm unemployed and looking for work before dad quits his job at Redneck Trailer Supplies.

And... if anyone wants to see what I look like,
me again
and
me

Oh... and as for what I've had for computers over the years...

Original computer:
IBM PS/2 (386 processor, like a measley 8mB RAM, 512kB VideoRAM, no harddrive, no CD-ROM, a single 3.5-inch drive, 12-inch 16-color screen, keyboard)
Got bored with that one and couldn't install anything else into it, so it got stuck in the junk pile... eventually ended up with these (this is current):
IBM Aptiva E2N-2153 (stock: 266MHz AMD K6/2, 32mB RAM, 2mB VideoRAM, 3.74gB harddrive, 32x CD-ROM, 3.5-inch drive, 56k dial-up, 2 USB1.1 ports, Win98 OEM custom built for IBM... upgraded to: 500MHz AMD K6/2, 128mB SDRAM RAM, 2mB VideoRAM, 8gB & 40gB harddrives, 32x CD-ROM, 3.5-inch drive, 56k dial-up, 10/100 Network Interface Card, 2 USB1.1 ports, Windows 2000 Pro & Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition
Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT: 75MHz Pentium 1, 40mB RAM, 1mB VideoRAM, 2gB harddrive, 8x CD-ROM (swappable with the floppy... or the floppy can remain in it's little caddy thing that uses a wierd little specialized plug), Win98SE, 802.11B wireless network card
Packard Bell Multimedia R501: (unsure of original configuration, but currently my webserver and this is the current configuration of it) 200MHz Pentium 1 with MMX, 128mB EDO RAM, 2mB VideoRAM, 4gB & 2gB & 8gB harddrives, 8x (or is it 12x or 16x... not sure) CD-ROM, 3.5-inch drive, Windows 2000 Pro, 10/100 Network Interface Card

This post has been edited by Aaron_B: Apr 4 2006, 01:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maxnmike
post Jul 29 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #2

the closet father

Group: ClosetAdmin
Member No.: 8

Hello Aaron, welcome to the forums. You should join us in #naughtycloset sometime and meet some of the people who don't get over to Dixiesys.

+Quote Post
sin
post Jul 30 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #3

RIP

Group: ClosetMonster
Member No.: 1

if youre using mIRC or another irc program, you can use either irc.wyldryde.org or intrepid.wyldryde.org as the server and then #naughtycloset as the channel. or if you'd rather not add another network to your irc configuration, you can use our java applet located at: #naughtycloset java chat link

we look forward to seeing you smile.gif and thanks for joining the forums,
nic

--------------------
graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet

+Quote Post
robroy
post Jul 30 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9

hi Aaron B and welcome

--------------------

S rhioghal Mo Dhream

B' fheàrr Gàidhlig briste na Beurla cliste.

+Quote Post
Aaron_B
post Jul 31 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #5

King slacker and lurker

Member No.: 37

Consider me there as long as my connection (and mIRC) doesn't drop me out.

+Quote Post
tj416
post Aug 1 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 35

Welcome Aaron_B!!

--------------------
Terrin

Spyware Times - Security news and support at your fingertips.

Member of the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals and the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators.

Removal Tools: HijackThis | CWShredder | LSP Fix | Pocket KillBox | Ad-aware SE Personal | Spybot S&D
Anti-virus Programs: AVG Anti-virus | avast! Home Edition
Firewalls: ZoneAlarm | Kerio Personal Firewall | Sygate Personal Firewall
Prevention Tools: SpywareBlaster | SpywareGuard | MVPS Hosts File | IE-SPYAD
Online Scanners: Housecall | Panda Active Scan
File Scanners: Jotti's malware scan | Virus Total
Excellent Articles: So how do I get infected in the first place? by Tony Klein | Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products and Websites by Eric L. Howes | Passwords and how to create them by Bobbi Flekman | Making Internet Explorer Safer by Bobbi Flekman | Stopping Viruses, Worms And Trojan Horses by Bobbi Flekman

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:51 AM
Skin developed by ipbshock